Historical Theology Pack: A Complete Introduction to Christian Doctrine
- Regular price
- Sale price
Most approaches to historical theology follow Christian beliefs chronologically, discussing notable doctrinal developments for all areas of theology according to their historical appearance. And while this may be good history, it can make for confusing theology, with the classic theological loci scattered throughout various time periods, movements, and controversies.
The Historical Theology Pack by Gregg Allison offers students the opportunity to study the historical development of theology according to a topical-chronological arrangement, setting out the history of Christian doctrine one theological element at a time. Such an approach allows learners to concentrate on one tenet of Christian theology and its formulation in the early church, through the Middle Ages, Reformation, and post-Reformation era, and into the modern period.
The Historical Theology Pack includes:
- Historical Theology, a bestselling textbook arranged in a topical-chronological manner and including a generous mix of primary source material, citing the words of Cyprian, Augustine, Aquinas, Luther, Calvin, Barth, and others.
- Historical Theology Video Lectures, featuring a video lecture for each of the 33 chapters in the textbook
The Historical Theology Pack contains everything you need to gain an in-depth understanding of history of Christian doctrine, whether you are enrolled in a class or learning on your own.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
1 - Introduction to Historical Theology (18 min)
2 - The Canon of Scripture (10 min)
3 - The Inspiration of Scripture (12 min)
4 - The Authority of Scripture (9 min)
5 - The Inerrancy of Scripture (11 min)
6 - The Clarity of Scripture (12 min)
7 - The Sufficiency and Necessity of Scripture (13 min)
8 - The Interpretation of Scripture (9 min)
9 - The Existence and Knowability of God (12 min)
10 - The Character of God (15 min)
11 - God in Three Persons: The Trinity (13 min)
12 - Creation (15 min)
13 - Providence (16 min)
14 - Angels, Satan, and Demons (11 min)
15 - The Creation and Nature of Humanity (13 min)
16 - Sin (14 min)
17 - The Person of Jesus Christ (18 min)
18 - The Atonement (11 min)
19 - Resurrection and Ascension (7 min)
20 - The Holy Spirit (17 min)
21 - Election and Reprobation (9 min)
22 - Regeneration, Conversion, and Effective Calling (11 min)
23 - Justification: Right Legal Standing Before God (11 min)
24 - Sanctification: Growth in Likeness to Christ (8 min)
25 - The Perseverance of the Saints: Remaining a Christian (15 min)
26 - The Church: Its Nature, Its Marks, and Its Purpose (17 min)
27 - Church Government (8 min)
28 - Baptism (23 min)
29 - The Lord's Supper (16 min)
30 - Worship (10 min)
31 - Christ's Return and the Millennium (12 min)
32 - The Final Judgment and Eternal Punishment (10 min)
33 - The New Heavens and New Earth (5 min)Read Less
- Contributor(s)Gregg Allison
- About the Contributor(s) Gregg Allison (PhD) is Professor of Christian Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky where he teaches...
Gregg Allison (PhD) is Professor of Christian Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky where he teaches systematic theology. Previously he served on Cru staff at the University of Notre Dame and overseas in Italy and the Italian-speaking region of Switzerland. He is a pastor of Sojourn Community Church, and is the theological strategist for Sojourn Network, a church planting network of about thirty churches. He is the author of Historical Theology: An Introduction to Christian Doctrine; Sojourners and Strangers: The Doctrine of the Church; and Roman Catholic Theology and Practice: An Evangelical Assessment.show more
- Publish Date09/27/2016
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format Mixed Media Set
- Weight (lbs)3.8 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)15.2 lb
- Dimensions 9.63(h) x 8.0(w) x 3.0(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $53.99
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.