The Greek-English New Testament: UBS 5th Revised Edition and NIV
- Regular price
- Sale price
The most widely used edition of the Greek New Testament and the most widely read contemporary English Bible translation are now available in one volume! Featuring the UBS 5 critical text (with the full apparatus) and the New International Version, this reference volume stands to become the standard edition for translators and students.
Like the 28th edition of the Nestle-Aland Novum Testamentum Graece, the UBS 5 text is the leading edition of the original text of the New Testament. It contains the same Greek text as NA28, differing only in some details of punctuation and paragraphing. The critical apparatus includes exegetically significant variants (fewer than NA28) but adds extensive manuscript evidence (more than NA28) for each variant, thereby offering in-depth instruction for students on how variants and the evidence for them work together.
The readings of the newly discovered Papyri 117 - 127 have been incorporated into this edition, thereby opening up interesting perspectives particularly for the Acts of Apostles. A special focus of the revision was on the Catholic Epistles, which included more than thirty modifications in the reading text and resulted in a new selection of witnesses for the textual apparatus, in addition to modifications of the selection of apparatus units.
Bound with a sturdy flexicover, this edition was typeset with a new, aesthetically appealing and readily legible Greek font.
Additional features of the Greek-English New Testament include:
- Side-by-side format (UBS5 text on one page with NIV on the facing page)
- NIV text formatted to parallel UBS5 text
- Single column format
- Words of Christ in black
- Presentation page
- Ribbon marker
- Publish Date11/17/2015
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format Flexcover
- Weight (lbs)2.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)31.99 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.25(w) x 1.5(d) inches
- Price $48.99
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.