Prepositions and Theology in the Greek New Testament: An Essential Reference Resource for Exegesis
- Regular price
- Sale price
Prepositions are important in the exegesis of the Greek New Testament, but they are at the same time very slippery words because they can have so many nuances. While Prepositions and Theology in the Greek New Testament rejects the idea of a “theology of the prepositions,” it is a study of the numerous places in the Greek New Testament where prepositions contribute to the theological meaning of the text.
Offered in the hope that it might encourage close study of the Greek text of the New Testament, its many features include the following:
- Coverage of all 17 “proper” and 42 “improper” prepositions
- Explores both literary and broader theological contexts
- Greek font—not transliteration—used throughout
- Comprehensive indexes to hundreds of verses, subjects, and Greek words
- Discussion of key repeated phrases that use a particular preposition
- Contributor(s)Murray J. Harris
- About the Contributor(s) Murray J. Harris is professor of New Testament Exegesis and Theology at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois. Previously...
Murray J. Harris is professor of New Testament Exegesis and Theology at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois. Previously he was Warden of Tyndale House, a biblical research library in Cambridge, England. He presently resides in New Zealand.
- Publish Date05/30/2017
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $28.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.