Twelve Women of the Bible Study Guide with DVD: Life-Changing Stories for Women Today
- Regular price
- Sale price
In this twelve-session small group Bible study, Twelve Women of the Bible, Lysa TerKuerst, Elisa Morgan, Jeanne Stevens and other leaders look at the spiritual lessons learned from twelve biblical women and what they mean for your life today.
You’ll discover lessons from each of these women that will help you persevere through the circumstances you are facing today. Learn how to:
- Apply biblical lessons to their own modern-day struggles
- Live through their failures as well as successes
- Draw near to God in a world filled with trials
- Find lasting contentment
- Overcome rejection and insecurity
This Participant Guide features discussion questions, background information on each character, space to write down thoughts, a helpful Leader’s Guide, and much more.
- Eve: Finding Lasting Contentment in the Truth (Lysa TerKeurst, 22 min)
- Rebekah: Breaking Free of Feminine Stereotypes (Jonalyn Fincher, 21 min)
- Leah: Overcoming Rejection and Insecurity (Naomi Zacharias, 18 min)
- Hannah: Surrendering in Waiting (Amena Brown 15 min)
- Abigail: Dealing with Confrontation in Relationships (20 min)
- Gomer: Learning to Accept Unconditional Love (Jeanne Stevens, 20 min)
- Mary, Mother of Jesus: Moving from Comfort to Courage (Jeanne Stevens, 17 min)
- Mary Magdalene: Transforming from Outcast to Follower (Jonalyn Fincher, 17 min)
- Mary of Bethany: Putting Our Faith into Action (Elisa Morgan, 16 min)
- Martha: Finding Our Identity in Jesus (Amena Brown, 15 min)
- The Woman at the Well: Turning Our Messes into Messages (Lysa TerKuerst, 17 min)
- The Syrophoenician Woman: Approaching God with Persistency and Boldness (Naomi Zacharias, 19 min)
This pack contains one study guide and one DVD.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Lysa TerKeurst , Elisa Morgan , Amena Brown , Jonalyn Grace Fincher , Jeanne Stevens , Naomi Zacharias , Sherry Harney
- About the Contributor(s) Lysa TerKeurst is president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the #1 New York Times bestselling author of It’s Not Supposed to Be...
Lysa TerKeurst is president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the #1 New York Times bestselling author of It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way, Uninvited, and The Best Yes. She writes from her sticky farm table and lives with her family in North Carolina. Connect with her at www.LysaTerKeurst.com.
Elisa Morgan is President Emerita of MOPS International, Inc., based in Denver, Colorado. She is the author, editor, or coauthor of numerous books, including Twinkle, Naked Fruit; Mom, You Make a Difference! Mom’s Devotional Bible; What Every Mom Needs; What Every Child Needs; and Real Moms. Elisa has two children, and a grandchild, and lives with her husband, Evan, in Centennial , Colorado.
Amena Brown is an author, spoken word poet, speaker, and event host. The author of five spoken word albums and two non-fiction books, Amena performs and speaks at events from coffeehouses to arenas with a mix of poetry, humor, and storytelling. She and her husband, DJ Opdiggy, reside in Atlanta, GA.
Jonalyn Grace Fincher offers a distinctive voice as a female apologist. Holding a master's degree in philosophy of religion and ethics from Talbot School of Theology, as well as double bachelor's degrees in English and history from the University of Virginia, she is one half of Soulation (www.soulation.org), a husband/wife apologetics team. For the last three years Jonalyn has been lecturing, speaking and writing on how women are distinctly and fully made in God’s image. Her work has appeared in Radiant, Fullfill and UnChristian: What a New Generation Really Thinks about Christianity. She regularly updates her blog (www.jonalynfincher.com) sharing her insights about womanhood and the soul. Jonalyn and Dale love to take walks with their three Welsh Corgis in their new hometown of Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
Jeanne Stevens serves as one of the lead pastors at Soul City Church in Chicago, IL (www.soulcitychurch.com) Before starting Soul City Church Jeanne has been blessed to work with 2 amazing churches. Jeanne was on staff at Willow Creek Community Church from 1995 to 2005 where she served as a Student Ministry Pastor. She was also in leadership at North Point Community Church in Atlanta, GA from 2006 2009. Jeanne has been privileged to be able to write, consult, and train ministry leaders throughout the country. Jeanne is an engaging communicator and leader that is committed to helping people live and lead from their soul. Jeanne is the author of Soul School and the soon to be released book, What lies beneath. Jeanne's greatest joy is her marriage and mothering - she has been married to Jarrett for 14 years, they have a 4-year-old son named Elijah William and a 2 year-old daughter named Genevieve Grace "Gigi². show more
- Publish Date05/16/2017
- Format DVD and Trade Paper
- Weight (lbs)0.82 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)19.74 lb
- Dimensions 9.13(h) x 7.38(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $25.19