The Quran with Christian Commentary offers a unique introduction to the primary religious text of Islam. Alongside an easy-to-read modern English translation of the Quran, author Gordon D. Nickel provides in-text notes to explain the meaning of various surahs (chapters) and ayat (verses), their interpretive history and significance in Muslim thought, and similarities and differences when compared to biblical passages.
Additional articles on important topics are written by an international team of today's leading experts including:
- Mark Anderson, Allah in the Quran
- George Bristow, Abraham
- Daniel A. Brubaker, The Place of Scales in the Quranic Reckoning
- David Cook, Jihad
- Linda Darwish, Women in the Quran
- Mateen Elass, Apocryphal details in the Quran
- Jon Hoover, Creation
- Ayman S. Ibrahim, Fighting and killing
- Matthew Kuiper, Da'wa, or calling, to Islam
- Peter Riddell, Salvation
- David Marshall, Divine punishment of unbelievers
Factual, respectful of Muslims, and insightful on issues about which Muslims and Christians disagree, The Quran with Christian Commentary equips Christians to interact more fruitfully with Muslim believers. Professors and students in courses on Islam and the Quran will find this to be an invaluable resource, as will pastors and missionaries who minister among Muslims. Written at a readable level, any Christian who wants to learn more about Islam and the Quran will find it to be a rich and informative introduction.