Sacred Pathways Study Guide with DVD: Nine Ways to Connect with God
- Regular price
- Sale price
As believers in Christ, many of us today fall into the trap of thinking we have to approach God in a certain way. This one-size-fits-all mentality typically leaves us feeling frustrated and distant from God. But the truth is that not every person will engage with God in the same way. For this reason, it is important to discover the particular pathway that will best help them to experience God's presence.
In this five-session video study, bestselling author Gary Thomas uncovers nine of these spiritual "pathways" that people have used over the centuries to grow closer to God. He provides tools for participants to assess their key pathway (much as the Enneagram does for personality types) and encourages them to investigate the ways they most naturally express themselves in their relationship with God. Gary also points out the strengths and pitfalls of their primary pathway and helps them discover the key spiritual tendencies of their friends, family, and others around them.
Whatever temperament or blend of temperaments best describes our personality, we can rest assured that it is not by accident. It comes by the design of a Creator who knew what he was doing when he made us according to his own unique intentions. Sacred Pathways will reveal the true route we were made to travel.
- The Journey of the Soul (Introduction to the Pathways)
- Pathways of Wonder (Naturalists, Sensates, Aesthetics)
- Pathways of Contemplation (Contemplatives, Traditionalists, Intellectuals)
- Pathways of Action (Activists, Caregivers, and Enthusiasts)
- Tending the Garden of the Soul (How the Pathways Applies to Your Life)
This pack contains one study guide and one pack.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Gary Thomas
- About the Contributor(s) Gary Thomas is a writer in residence at Second Baptist Church in Houston, Texas, and an adjunct faculty member...
Gary Thomas is a writer in residence at Second Baptist Church in Houston, Texas, and an adjunct faculty member teaching on spiritual formation at Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon and Houston Theological Seminary in Houston, Texas. He is the author of 19 books, including When to Walk Away, Sacred Pathways, Cherish, Sacred Parenting, the award-winning Authentic Faith, and Sacred Marriage – over one million copies sold. He has a master’s degree from Regent College, where he studied under Dr. J.I. Packer, and was awarded an honorary doctorate in divinity from Western Seminary. Gary has spoken in 49 states and 10 different countries. He has appeared numerous times on various national radio and television programs, including CBN, Focus on the Family and Family Life Today.
- Publish Date10/20/2020
- Format DVD and Trade Paper
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)24.02 lb
- Price $30.09
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.