How to Read Theology for All Its Worth Video Lectures: An Introduction for the Beginner
- Regular price
- Sale price
Too many Christians avoid reading theology for fear they won't understand it or out of a misconception that it's only meant for the academic elite. Similarly, students in introductory theology classes can feel overwhelmed by the concepts and terminology they encounter.
Yet theology can be read with enjoyment and discernment. In How to Read Theology for All Its Worth Video Lectures, professor and author Karin Stetina introduces students to the basic skills of intelligent reading, applied especially to theological works. Anyone who'd like to read theology well, whether a formal student or interested layperson, will benefit from the simple steps Stetina outlines in each lesson.
- Identifying genre
- Becoming acquainted with the author and the context out of which he or she wrote
- Determining a thesis and main arguments
- And more
How to Read Theology for All Its Worth Video Lectures, along with the accompanying book, How to Read Theology for All Its Worth, will equip learners not only to understand theology but also to insightfully engage authors' ideas. With the basic tools in hand, everyone can read with confidence and enjoy "conversations" with theological works.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Karin Spiecker Stetina
- About the Contributor(s) Karin Spiecker Stetina (PhD, Marquette University) is associate professor of biblical and theological studies at Biola University. She is the...
Karin Spiecker Stetina (PhD, Marquette University) is associate professor of biblical and theological studies at Biola University. She is the author of Jonathan Edwards’ Early Understanding of Religious Experience and The Fatherhood of God in John Calvin’s Thought.show more
- Publish Date09/15/2020
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)30.03 lb
- Price $41.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.