Graded Reader of Biblical Hebrew, Second Edition: A Guide to Reading the Hebrew Bible
- Regular price
- Sale price
This is a must have resources for second-year Hebrew students, giving them the necessary practice to gain greater proficiency in using the language for exegesis and preaching.
The updated second edition of the Graded Reader of Biblical Hebrew: A Guide to Reading the Hebrew Bible by Miles V. Van Pelt and Gary D. Pratico is a structured introduction to the reading of Biblical Hebrew texts. This book is the ideal next-step resource for the student who has completed a year of elementary Hebrew or the pastor or scholar whose language skills need some refreshing.
Through these readings, students will be able to review basic Hebrew grammar, become familiar with issues of intermediate grammar, and gain confidence in handling the Hebrew text. The readings chosen for inclusion, which are arranged generally in order of increasing difficulty, span the whole of the Old Testament and represent some of the most important Old Testament texts from the standpoint of biblical history, theology, and exegesis. Parsing exercises are included with each reading, and there is room for readers to write their own English translation. The many notes that accompany the text include information on:
- Exegetically significant constructions
- Vocabulary words
- Bibliographic information
- and much more.
A vital resource for those wanting to take the next step in learning Biblical Hebrew, the Graded Reader of Biblical Hebrew guides students as they move beyond the basics and build competency in translating and exegeting the text of the Old Testament.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Miles V. Van Pelt , Gary D. Pratico
- About the Contributor(s) Miles Van Pelt (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is the Alan Belcher Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Languages at...
Miles Van Pelt (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is the Alan Belcher Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Languages at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi, where he also serves as academic dean. Miles lives in Madison, Mississippi, with his wife, Laurie, and their four children.
Gary D. Pratico (ThD, Harvard Divinity School) is senior professor of Old Testament and Hebrew language at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He has been teaching Hebrew for more than thirty years and is coauthor with Miles V. Van Pelt of Basics of Basics of Biblical Hebrew (grammar and workbook) and The Vocabulary Guide to Biblical Hebrew.show more
- Publish Date11/10/2020
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series Zondervan Language Basics Series
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)18.02 lb
- Price $20.99
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.